This refreshing drink gets infused with rich coconut flavor in two ways: a nutty, toasted coconut syrup and a creamy coconut milk floater.
- Active Time : 10 minutes.
Total Time : 1 hour.
Yield : 1 serving.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 ounces Coconut milk (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until golden brown and fragrant, about 10 minutes. *
Bring toasted coconut, sugar, honey, and 1/2 cup water to a low boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Strain syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl or resealable glass container, pushing down on solids to extract as much syrup as possible. You should have about 1/3 cup.
Fill a glass with ice and add cold brew. Stir in desired amount of syrup (about 2 Tbsp.) Top with a splash of coconut milk.
Toasted coconut syrup can be made 7 days ahead; store in an airtight container and chill.