Boozey White Chocolate (2 ways )
White hot chocolate with all the flavor of spicy pumpkin pie and a little booze for good measure.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings: (hot chocolates)
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
Freezer Friendly No
Does it keep? Best when fresh.
US Customary – Metric
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ounce Kahlua (or sub half as much Bourbon)
- Whipped cream and caramel (optional // for topping)
In a saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the milk (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size), whisking often (about 3 minutes).
Once melted, add the rest of the milk, the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spice and stir vigorously to incorporate.
Pour a small amount of the hot chocolate into serving glasses (two as original recipe is written), add Kahlua OR bourbon (bourbon is much stronger in taste). Top off with hot chocolate, stir and then top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and more pumpkin pie spice (optional).
- Use non-dairy milk and non-dairy white chocolate to make this recipe vegan friendly.
- Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 2)
Calories: 329 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 8g Carbohydrates: 37g Sugar: 37g Protein: 10g