Raspberry-Swirled Lemon Milk Shakes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur, optional
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup lemon sorbet, softened
- 3/4 cup crushed ice
- Optional garnishes: whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint sprigs
Place the raspberries, confectioners’ sugar and liqueur if desired in a blender; cover and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds.
In a clean blender, combine the milk, ice cream, sorbet and ice; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Layer raspberry puree and ice cream mixture into four serving glasses. Garnish as desired.
1 cup (calculated without optional ingredients): 261 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.