Grilled oysters with tapioca
“This is an idea I got when I was travelling around Australia with René Redzepi; the Aboriginal elders threw the clams or oysters on the fire until they sang,” says Clugston.
- Serves 4 – 6
- 10 mins preparation
- 2 mins cooking
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp pouring cream
- 12 oysters, shucked, loosened and returned to bottom shell, juice reserved
- ⅓ cup sorrel, finely chopped (loosely packed)
- ⅓ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped (loosely packed)
- ⅓ cup watercress, finely chopped (loosely packed)
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp finely grated horseradish
- 40 gm tapioca pearls (¼ cup)
- 60 ml apple cider vinegar (¼ cup)
For tapioca, cook tapioca in a saucepan of boiling water until transparent (15-20 minutes).
- To serve, drizzle ½ tsp of cream mixture over each, top with tapioca and herbs, and scatter with lemon rind and horseradish.
How to make Sago/Tapioca
Stones for keeping food warm