[Photograph: Alice Gao]
Fresh pineapple juice is essential to the deliciousness of this recipe. Use a juice extractor or hand juicer, or muddle and strain some ripe chunks of fresh pineapple.
makes 1 cocktail
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 1 1/2 ounces freshly squeezed pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 ounces Cruzan blackstrap rum
- Add lime, simple syrup, Campari, pineapple juice, and rum to a cocktail shaker.
- Fill with ice and shake until cocktail is quite cold, about 30 seconds.
- Serve in a Moscow Mule mug or old fashioned glass over a large ice cube.
cocktail shaker and strainer