Author: Numi Team
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 1 dozen donuts
- 1¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or another granulated sugar)
- 1 tablespoon Numi Ceremonial Matcha Powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unflavored soy or almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil (liquid state)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For matcha glaze:
- 1 large egg white
- 2C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Numi Ceremonial Matcha
- ¼ tsp salt
- splash of vanilla extract
- 2-3T water, or as needed
For the donuts:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a standard donut pan.
In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, matcha, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate bowl or liquid measuring cup, stir together the milk, coconut oil, and vanilla.
Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until fully mixed and a thick batter forms.
Pipe or spoon the batter into the doughnut cavities. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
Remove the pan from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
Whisk together egg whites, sugar, matcha, salt and vanilla.
Whisk in 1 tablespoon of water and continue to add 1 teaspoon of water at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
When the doughnuts are cool, dip the top half into the glaze and return them to the rack until the glaze sets. Dip them twice for a thicker consistency.